In this digital time and age where our lives revolve around the internet, it is essential that we have the perfect home router to ensure that we get our work done on time. Students do their homework online, businesses are managed online, transactions are made online, and you also need the internet for entertainment purposes.
Hence, why compromise over your router? We have picked out the 10 best routers for home use 2019 that are available on the market as you can see below, providing maximum range coverage, hyper-fast speed, and high security.
These wifi router devices have modern styles and that make them look elegant while providing a wide range of functions.
1. TP-Link N-450 (TL-WR940N) AC 1200
This is an inexpensive wireless router and most of customers uses it for home use. Also great for online gaming and streaming movies.
It has a speed of 450 Mbps that is perfect for bandwidth-intensive tasks such as video streaming and gaming. Its IP-based bandwidth helps users to determine how much bandwidth should be allotted to each wifi-enabled device. The WPS button will be used for one-touch security encryption. It allows you to set limits on when and how devices can connect to the internet, hence helping keep children safe with parental controls. TP Link packs it with a 2-year warranty and 24/7 technical support.
- It uses 11n technology which is faster and can cover more area
- Powered by a single-core processor
- Not compatible with phoneline internet
- It has 3x external antennas for better coverage and stability
2. NETGEAR N750 (WNDR4300)
Though slightly more expensive than the N450, customers are happy with this product as it has ‘quadrupled’ their initial Wi-Fi speed.
The N750 delivers a fast Wi-Fi speed of up to 300 + 450 (up to 750 Mbps) and is perfect option for medium to larger homes. You can also access and share wirelessly your USB drives or printer. This product has a secure, reliable connection and provides web filtering for all your devices, thanks to parental control feature.
Meanwhile with Advanced QoS feature, you can prioritize your internet traffic.. also it is optimized to make you more comfortable while watching HD movies or gaming
- It is equipped with dual band feature that reduces the risk of interference between wifi devices and for better connection as well
- Comes with two 2.0 USB ports along with a USB printer
- You will be able to a separate, secure access for guests.
3. Linksys Max-Stream AC2200
A slightly expensive product, the Linksys AC2200 is one of the most powerful wireless router because it can delivers very high speed and combined with Tri Band and MU MIMO technology
If you are planning to buy a new wireless router or upgrade your old home router, you should consider this one. It is an ideal choice for any households with heavy wireless use. It offers speed up to 2.2Gbps for lag free streaming or multiplayer online gaming and increase your home productivity. Another great feature is the ability of this router to update its firmware automatically once the manufacturer releases the new firmware, this make the router always secure and up-to-date.
- Supports Multiple wireless connections at the same time
- Powered by 716 MHz (Quad-Core) of Processor
- Versatile connectivity, thanks to USB as well as Ethernet ports
- Comes with Linksys App, making setup easy and you can manage all your home wifi at anytime
- Airtime Fairness makes the distribution of Wi-Fi connectivity better
4. ASUS 3-in-1 (RT-N12)
A cheap option, the router is well made and flexible. It has a nice finish and customers seem happy with this little black product.
It is a 3-in-1 device that that can works as wireless access point, wifi router, and wifi range extender. Furthermore, its 4 SSIDs will allow you to manage access control and even bandwidth allocation to each device. The product has a speed of 300 Mbps and comes with two 5 dBi antennas that are detachable for more powerful coverage.
- The RT-N12 comes with 2T2R MIMO technology
- Easy setup to your PC or any mobile devices, Tablets, Smartphons
- You can easily and quickly switch between repeater,access point (AP) and router modes
- Privacy control can be applied to each user account and you can restrict certain sites or set bandwidth limit.
5. Securifi Almond
It is a pricier option, but with touchscreen feature and 95% of the customers could set up the product in 3 minutes.
This product does not have a built-in DSL modem. It is a multifunction device where; the device can be used as a primary wireless router, a wifi range extender, a wifi access point, or a wireless bridge. It also offers parental control option where you can schedule or manage online activities for your kids. It has a 1-year warranty and unlimited technical support.
- The product has a wireless compatibility of 802.11b/g/n
- No PC/MAC/driver is required for setup
- Provides a speed of 300 Mbps
- Each Almond device has different SSID
- Compatible with most routers from Apple, Netgear, and Linksys to Cisco, Belkin, Asus, Verizon, and AT&T
- High-class security
- It has a power supply of 5V, 1A
- 2 internal antennas
- It has 2 LAN ports and 1 WAN port so more device can connect to this router